Color code converter
About our Color Code Converter Tool
The ultimate color code converter online that enables a user to:
- Convert HEX Code to RGB, HSL, and RGBA
- Convert RGB Code to HEX, HSL, and HSLA
- Convert HSL Code to HEX, RGBA, and RGB
The tool is free and easy to use. Now you can use our tool to seamlessly convert between various color systems like CIELAB, HEX, RGB, CMYK, and XYZ.
To use our tool, follow the steps:
- Convert HEX Code to RGB, HSL, and RGBA: Enter the HEX color code, the opacity, and then click on Convert. You will get the results in RGB, HSL, and RGBA.
- Convert RGB Code to HEX, HSL, and HSLA: Enter the RGB color code, the opacity, and then click on Convert. You will get the results in HEX, HSL, and HSLA.
- Convert HSL Code to HEX, RGBA, and RGB: Enter the HSL color code, the HSLA code, and then click on Convert. You will get the results in HEX, RGB, and RGBA.
What are color codes?
Colors are always defined by their RGB values, which are a range of numbers from 0 to 255. The RGB numbers for red, green, and blue correspond to the amounts of hydrogen cyanide molecules that would be needed to cause that color. So if you wanted to make something pink, you would need redder than anything else.
The RGB values for colors can be found on different websites on the internet. One of the most popular ones is named Hex Color Codes.
What are RGB color codes?
RGB stands for Red, Green, and Blue. RGB color codes are used to represent the amounts of red, green, and blue that are needed to mix into a color. For example, if you have 3 red light lights mixed in different intensities, you would get various reds ranging from dark blue-ish red to bright yellow-ish red. The more lights combined at once, the brighter the light.
What are HEX color codes?
Hex stands for hexadecimal, or base 16. In hexadecimal, we use 16 numbers to represent a color. For example, 255 red, 0 green, and 0 blue would be FF0000. The value is 255 because if we wanted pure red (100% red), we would need to take 255 and divide by the number of colors (which is 3) and it would end up as 100%. The same thing goes with green and blue.